Renowned for its unparalleled beauty and abundant opportunities for outdoor exploration, Mount Desert Island hosts millions of visitors each year and is the perfect location for a destination wedding. With Frenchman Bay and Acadia National Park as the backdrop for your intimate ceremony, few locations are poised to provide a more romantic backdrop for your special day then the lawn of The Turrets. The covered porch of this beautiful estate can seat as many as 150 guests, if you need to be sheltered from the rain, and the formal Seaside Garden is a magical place for your wedding photos.
Placed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Turrets is one of the most important examples of cottage-era architecture in the state of Maine. The fact that it was designed for John J. Emery of New York in 1893 by Bruce Price, designer of Quebec City’s famous Le Château Frontenac as a wedding gift for his 18-year-old bride, makes it the perfect, romantic choice as the setting for your special day.
Wedding Ceremony Price List
You, your family and friends, are sure to find that The Turrets lawn, with a backdrop of Frenchman Bay and the Seaside Garden, is a breathtakingly beautiful location for your intimate wedding ceremony.
Turrets Oceanside Lawn
This option includes The Turrets porch as your rain backup (no need to rent a tent), white chairs for your guests, the first floor of The Turrets on your wedding day for pre-wedding preparations, and the gorgeous Seaside Garden for memorable wedding photographs. An arbor is also available to be decorated by your florist.
- $2,000 (price includes a $500 refundable cleaning and damage deposit)
- Maximum of 150 guests, including bridal party
The Seaside Garden
This option includes The Turrets porch as your rain backup (no need to rent a tent). Chairs and/or the arbor are not allowed in the gardens and only a minimal number of guests.
- $1,400 (price includes a $500 refundable cleaning and damage deposit)
- Maximum of 40 guests, including the bridal party
Wedding ceremony policies
- Prices are fixed for wedding ceremonies.
- College of the Atlantic contracts for wedding ceremony space only.
- Wedding couples must engage the services of a wedding planner who will work directly with a representative from College of the Atlantic’s summer programs. You are welcome to choose your own planner, i.e. a family member, or we would be happy to suggest a local professional.
- Chairs are provided for your guests. Additional rentals and service providers (florists, musicians, etc.) are the responsibility of the wedding couple and wedding planner.
- Alcohol is prohibited on campus before, during and after the rehearsal and ceremony, unless a licensed and insured bartender has been hired and is on site.
- The wedding party must provide a certificate of liability naming College of the Atlantic as additional insured. We would be happy to provide you with the names of insurance companies that others have used, or check with your own insurance company for more information.
- Refundable security/cleaning deposits must be provided for all wedding ceremonies at College of the Atlantic.