Develop an enterprise as part of your education
COA’s venture incubator, aka the Hatchery, provides eligible students academic credit, professional services and access to seed funding to develop their for- or non-profit. The Hatchery allows students to walk the entrepreneurial high wire with a safety net and support.
Offering academic credit aligns the entrepreneurial and educational interests of students, allowing them to start enterprises because of their education. This program is unique amongst liberal arts colleges.
Students selected for the Hatchery receive
- a ten-week rapid prototype intensive
- office space & equipment
- business mentors from the MDI and COA communities
- personal support services to launch their enterprise
- the potential of up to $5,000 in seed funding.
What makes us different from other incubators and accelerators
- Hatchery students pursue an enterprise for academic credit
- They participate in an interdisciplinary class setting with students from across the campus and around the world
- Innovation happens at the crossroads with a mix of for- and nonprofit ventures across industries and scales