Summer Housekeepers – 2013
Summer housekeepers are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of COA’s housing for a diverse array of summer clients – from high school students, to families with young children, to adults attending courses or professional conferences. Prior housekeeping experience is helpful, but not necessary.
Housekeeping responsibilities include:
• Participating in the early season cleanup/setup of campus, working primarily in the first few weeks with the Building & Grounds staff.
• Stocking all summer housing with linens, as well as kitchen/bathroom supplies.
• Stock laundry rooms with toilet paper, paper towels, etc. and cleaning supplies.
• Daily cleaning/maintenance: Light cleaning of bathrooms, kitchens, hallways and common areas in occupied housing; removal of garbage and recycling; re-supply kitchens and bathrooms as needed. Notify summer programs office of any immediate maintenance/repairs.
• Weekend or “turnover” days: A thorough cleaning and restocking of all vacated housing. Kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, hallways and common areas will be cleaned, swept, and mopped and all trash and recycling will be removed. Bedroom linens will be replaced as needed and bedrooms will be checked for maintenance issues. Cots transported to or removed from suites as necessary.
• Weekly inventory of supplies and notify SP office when items need to be ordered.
• End of season: Housekeepers will thoroughly clean all dorms for returning students; collect linens for end of year cleaning; pack/inventory/store all supplies in B/T basement; make a list of necessary repairs for B&G.
Successful candidates should be willing to work hard and independently, but also as part of a team, with a strong attention to detail. Good communication skills are helpful. Physical requirements include some heavy lifting, with the occasional moving, assembling, or disassembling of furniture, as well as working on one’s feet for up to 8 hours a day. All housekeepers will be required to work on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday and be given two consecutive days off per week - either Monday/Tuesday or Thursday/Friday. Summer housekeepers will work closely with the summer RAs.
Housekeepers will be paid an hourly wage and those who honor their commitment to work the entire summer will be paid an additional $1 per hour bonus at the end of the season. All positions run from June 9 - August 21 (approximately), 2013.
The housekeeping staff is supervised by the Associate Director of Summer Programs, and will report to her or her designee. To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and the names of two references to Jean Sylvia, email@example.com.
College of the Atlantic is committed to academic excellence, cultural diversity, and multicultural education. COA is an AA/EEO employer. Applications are especially encouraged from persons who would enhance the ethnic, gender, and cultural diversity of the College.