Sustainable Business Program Manager
Part-time employee, average of 25 hours per week, 39 weeks a year.
College of the Atlantic’s interdisciplinary Sustainable Business Program is seeking a program manager. The program manager will work closely with Professor Jay Friedlander, the Sharpe-McNally Chair of Green and Sustainable Business, and coordinate the activities of the program including: external projects, events, collaborations with other institutions and local businesses, guest speakers as well as maintaining and updating the program website, assisting with research and publications and advising students.
Major tasks of the Program Manager include:
- Assisting with research and editing articles.
- Assisting in advising students and overseeing COA’s on-campus new venture incubator.
- Updating printed, presentation and web materials.
- Scheduling and facilitating the integration of adjunct instructors, collaborating businesses, and guest speakers into the academic program during the academic year.
- Scheduling work-study students who act as teaching assistants/tutors.
- Performing administrative duties, including travel arrangements for internal and external staff.
- Coordinating placement of students in business internships with Career Services.
- Managing communications between the Program businesses and institutions and developing/maintaining a database on these resources.
- Identify and coordinate access to government, accounting, and legal services for Hatchery residents.
- Track budgets associated with the Sustainable Business Program.
- BS/BA or MS degree.
- Prior experience (2-4 years) in administration or program management.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- High comfort level with fluidity, ambiguity, and working with diverse students and professionals.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Skilled in the use of MS Office Suite, Illustrator and able to learn new programs as necessary.
A strong interest or experience in business and start-ups.
Send a cover letter, resume and three references to: email@example.com. Electronic applications only, please. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled
College of the Atlantic is committed to academic excellence, cultural diversity, and multicultural education. COA is an AA/EEO employer. Applications are especially encouraged from persons who would enhance the ethnic, gender, and cultural diversity of the College.