The Fall Fly-In is a competitive program for prospective COA Presidential Scholars. If we select you for the program, we will cover the cost of your trip to the college and provide meals and housing while you’re here!
- Class visits
- Discussion groups with faculty and students
- Field trips in Acadia National Park and around Mount Desert Island
- Meals in COA’s dining hall, including a special Saturday brunch with faculty, staff, and students
- Dinner hosted by COA president Darron Collins, with other special guests
- Campus tour
- Admission interview
- Open mic night
- Overnight stays in the dorms with current COA students
Program dates: October 12–15, 2017
Eligibility: For high school seniors attending school in the U.S.
Application deadline: July 21, 2017
Application decision: Early August 2017
To apply for the Fall Fly-In, please submit the following by July 21, 2017:
- Application form (PDF)*
- High school transcript
- Responses to two application questions
- Resume or list of activities/experiences
If you are not chosen to participate, it doesn’t mean that you aren’t a strong candidate for COA. Because the Fall Fly-In is a highly selective program, each year there are many students who are not selected but still attend COA and become integral members of the community. All students admitted to COA are eligible to receive both merit-based and need-based financial aid; all applicants to COA are considered for a Presidential Scholarship, regardless of whether they have participated in the Fall Fly-In.